ELKOST Intl. literary agency handles world subsidiary rights in
CREATIVE COMPARISON OF CULTURES popular-science series for children and young adults by leading Russian specialists
Project supervisor: Ludmila Ulitskaya
Rights sold to: Korea - THEORY & PRAXIS
The project was devised and realized on the initiative of renown Russian writer and active European Cultural Parliament member Lyudmila Ulitskaya. All titles are authored by the recognized specialists in corresponding fields (sociology, physics, human rights, cosmogony, clothing, etc.).
All books of the series are devoted to certain aspects of life, such as family, science, religion, cuisine, clothing, etc., while their didactic emphasis is bundled with an entertaining fictional plotline. The major aim is to help children and young adults to understand how diverse is the world, and at the same time offer them an exciting reading experience.
Literature and books for children in particular make multicultural education more intelligible, and give children the idea of world’s cultural diversity.
1. A History of Costume by Raisa Kirsanova
2. Professions by Natalia Borisova
3. National cuisines and various diets by Alexandra Grigorieva
4. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights by Andrey Usachev
5. The Universe and its Order by Nastya Gosteva
6. Birth and Death by Marina Butovskaya
7. Families by Vera Timenchik
8. Notion of the House Worldwide by Nastya Gosteva
9. Crime and Punishment by Larissa Vinnik
10. Human Abilities and Disabilities by Irina Yasina
13. Your Tongue is My Friend by Olga Bikhina and Galina Gimon
14. Foreign Sun by Dmitry Bavilsky
This high-quality popular-science project for children, teenagers and young adults is supported by UNESCO thanks to its social and humanitarian importance.